Anyone who knows me, knows that I have a love/hate relationship with Washington, DC area. I spent my late teens and 20s in the area with school, grad school, and finally the start of my career.
On this Throwback Thursday, I am remembering the good times of the 90s;
- Republic Gardens - One of the hottest nightclubs in DC
- Howard's Homecoming
- DC Live
- The Million Man March
- Accura Legends
- graduating from college
- graduating from grad school
- living in Baltimore then a DC Suburb
- thinking I wanted to live in PG
- Dominican Hair Salons
- New Balance Sneakers
- Union Station
- Cherry Blossom Festival
- Former President Bill Clinton
- Marion Barry
- The Ethiopian Restaurant in Adams-Morgan
Photo credit: theloroad.com
Photo credit: Soul of America
Washington, DC has gone through gentrification since I last lived in the area. It seems like a brand new city. The change was good though. The city is alive and bustling with new living spaces, restaurants, restoration, and attractions with the same solid foundation of political energy and mid-Atlantic pride.
Ode to "DeeCee". I miss you, sometimes.