August signals "Back to School" and a bittersweet end to summer. The stores are filled with families making selections on school supplies, backpacks, uniforms, and sale items for their final summer vacation. August is such a month of transition and gives one time to reflect. One of the great things I did this summer was try new products given to me by Influenster.
Influenter is a community of trendsetters, LIKE ME, who receive product samples and share opinions regarding quality and value ~ Dr. R; The Social Mistress
Photo courtesy here
The box included: Always Tampax Radiant Kit, Banana Nut Bread Soft Bake Bars, Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy Shampoo/Conditioner, Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration, and Sally Hansen Nails & Cuticle Cream, Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Color.
(For detailed photos, check out THIS tumblr page. I haven't figured out how to reduce pics on my MacBook Pro)
(Honest, independent, and separate from sponsors, brands, and Influenter)
- Always Tampax Radiant - The carrying case is the cutest. It's perfect for a school aged girl or carrying "personals" to the beach. I use Always pads anyway, so the fit and durability are exactly what I expected...great. I will buy this product again.
- Banana Nut Soft Bake Bars - I'm allergic to nuts, so I don't have an opinion on this product. My sister enjoyed it but too high in calories.
- Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy Shampoo/Conditioner. - First and foremost, these products smell heavenly. I would buy them again so my hair can smell shampoo fresh. I just wanted to run barefoot through a field of violets and lilies after using these. Gezz they smell great. Overall, they were moderately effective. As a reformed product junky, I can't put these on the top of the list because they didn't give the "slip" that I like. Due to my kinky texture, I desire products that are a bit more moisturizing.
- Hawaiian Silk Tropic Hydration - Thank you for this. It has come in handy since I moved to Abu Dhabi. It smells nice, it's smooth NOT sticky like other protective lotions, and seems to last even in the water. I will try this product again.
- Sally Hansen Nails & Cuticle Cream. - I rarely use cuticle creams and such so I didn't dabble to heavily into this product. I used it around my toes more but didn't notice a huge difference. I doubt I'll ever purchase this.
- Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Color "Silver Elements". - My first reaction was "ugly". OMG, I so didn't want to try this and I didn't. Just so happen, my mother came to town around the time I received the VoxBox and just like before, she helped me test the products. She so graciously polished one hand, just for her sweet dear daughter, and charted the results. She felt the color was ok, but didn't complement mature hands. The color stayed about 3 days before chipping. I would try this product again but not this color.
So blog sisters and readers, what did you think of your Summer Beauty VoxBox?
Tags: "Influenster" "Summer Beauty VoxBox 2012" "VoxBox" "Sally Hansen" "Hawaiian Silk Hydration" "Always Tampax Radiant" "Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy"