Superstitions are supernatural causalities on human subjects.
Here are a few popular ones:
- Friday the thirteenth is an unlucky day
- A rabbit's foot brings good luck
- To find a four-leaf clover is to find good luck
- If you walk under a ladder, you will have bad luck
- If a black cat crosses your path you will have bad luck
- To break a mirror will bring you seven years bad luck
- To open an umbrella in the house is to bring bad luck
- An itchy palm means money will come your way
- A beginner will always have good luck: beginner's luck
- A cat has nine lives
- Eating fish makes you smart
- Toads cause warts
- A cricket in the house brings good luck
Sounds familiar? Do you subscribe to any of these or know someone who does?